August 10, 2021
Tamming Summer Frizz
TAMING SUMMER FRIZZ
While the calendar says that the end of summer is just around the bend, here in the humid South, we get to enjoy warm weather for a few more months. Unfortunately, no matter how much we love the tank tops and flip flops, almost no one loves the frizz and unmanageability that’s often a result of the humidity. No worries! We have quick tips that can keep your hair smooth and tamed even in the midst of a Southern Summer!
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
We know; it seems counterintuitive to think about moisturizing your hair when it feels heavy, a super moisturizing shampoo and conditioner like Sebastian Dark Oil Lightweight Shampoo & Conditioner can help with frizz. We also offer deep conditioners in our student salon and a great one for home is Aluram Hydrate and Repair Deep Conditioner.
- Wash out conditioner in cold water
When conditioning your hair, wash it out with cold water. This causes the cuticles of the hair to contract, which in turn adds shine and tames the frizz. Although some may say they don’t see a difference doing this, try it and see if it works with for you and your hair.
- Don’t over-comb your hair
Again—it seems backwards! Combing is thought to smooth frizz—but it actually adds to it. Try using a wide-toothed comb or a paddle brush with ball-tipped ends.
Now that the frizz is under control, we can talk about some warm weather styles!
We love these!
- Our favorite summer hairstyle is the top knot. They’re suitable for the beach and also for nightlfe. They’re easy to do and can be dressed up or down. What’s not to love?
- We also love braids in the summer. Side braids, crown braids, fishtail braids—endless possibilities! What’s your favorite?
- Finally, we have a soft spot for the classic ponytail. It’s perfect for a day at the beach or a night out with friends. It can be styled lots of ways: curly, sleek and you can even add braids to your ponytail!
Stop in our student salon for help with your frizz or to buy the products to help tame it! We can’t wait to see you!