February 17, 2021
Best Hair Cuts and Styles for Men
All of our online living has prompted a certain degree of unprecedented fashion sense for men. Yeah—it can be hard to feel sorry for them since they brought on things like mullets and man-buns themselves—but there’s a new game in town with training and there’s no need for guy to feel like their choices are either suited for their granddad or is confined to a salon-styled shaggy skater look!
Aisling presents the classics! (You can learn all of them in our Men’s Grooming program!)
- The Classic Taper – This low maintenance, timeless cut leaves enough hair on top to style, but the sides and back are shaved. This cut is perfect for a variety of face shapes and different hair types. (Most barber school breeze over facial shapes—come see why we’re different!)
- The Long Buzz Cut – The traditional buzz-cut used to imply that a guy just couldn’t afford to go to the barber shop. The contemporary long buzz-cut , though, says sporty, edgy and hot! And cut short all around, it’s still low maintenance and easy.
- The Under-Cut – Short on the sides, and just a little longer on the top, this style is often worn slicked back. While it can be popular among teens, it’s a classy look suitable for guys of all ages!
- The Faux-Hawk – This isn’t a style for the faint of heart. It’s got strong undertones of individualism—it’s short around the sides and the back and gradually pulls towards the middle of the head. This cut is great for men with a long face, strong chin or high cheek bones.
- The Pompadour –This style evokes images of Elvis! With its long all around and even longer on top style slicked tightly back for a poofed look, it didn’t die with The King! Instead, it continues to be a popular style around the world.
There are lots more cuts and styles that make a man stand out. It’s a brave new world where a whole industry revolves around the carefully (or carelessly-styled) male head. Wax, gel, mousse, volumizer are just a few examples of the tools of the male hair trade. (Aisling gets you educated in these soft tools too so your income can be higher than competitors graduating from local barber schools!) Have you thought about joining the professionals who make men look good one haircut at a time? Aisling’s Men’s Grooming Program is ready to help you launch your career. With hands-on training from experienced instructors who love what they do, we can put you on the path to your future in a salon or barbershop! Contact us to schedule your visit today!